Thursday, February 27, 2014

Is there really a difference?

Does it make a difference how people will react to a plain violent movie vs. a violent movie that is based on real life events that happen around the world? Why is there a difference between A Batman move and a movie like Innocence of Muslims? I fell that violence is violence plain and simple. There is no sugar coating it or blaming what individuals do on a movie.. A movie is a writer/directors vision or their free speech. To put out to the world for other to view and take in how ever they may wish to do so. So when I came across this news broadcast and short article it amazed me to see something like this. A low budget film made headlines after a actress accused them of not telling her what the whole movie was about? I mean it is pretty clear what this movie is about just by seeing the images. So for her to say she was tricked into something is kind of pushing the limits. I am glad the judge proceeding this case didn't not force websites to remove the trailers. It is just another movie depicting life and life events that do occur. I personally find movies such as these to be interesting, it gives you some insight to other countries and their life styles and ways they live or do things. I can see as how some may become upset over movies as these. Does it really help to become upset or angry with whom ever was involved in the film. It is just kind of a sour situation for everyone involved I suppose. 

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/Free-speech-rights-fuel-debate-over-anti-Muslim-movie-clip-online-170604596.html?tab=video&c=y



Cited Work

Fergus, Carol on. "Free Speech Rights Fuel Debate over Anti-Muslim Movie Clip."BakersfieldNow.com - KBAK and KBFX News. N.p., 20 Sept. 2012. Web. 27 Feb. 2014. <http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/Free-speech-rights-fuel-debate-over-anti-Muslim-movie-clip-online-170604596.html?tab=video&c=y>.

2 comments:

  1. I have never thought about movies being a directors free speech but now that you mention it, it completely makes sense. I think this lady was completely pushing it, no one forced her to watch the movie. Trailers are meant to give you the summary of the movie and I am pretty sure it was clear what the movie was about. In my opinion I love movies like the one you mentioned, not because I like violence but because it is a way to educate ourselves on different countries and what happens there. At the end of the day it was her decision not anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I as well like these types of movies. I feel that it gives us insight into what is going on in different countries. Whether it is good or bad, I also reminds me of how lucky I am to be a American citizen. It also makes me aware of the hardship and pain other people go through. I agree it was her decision to be apart of this film and for her to try and play the victim roll is foolish,

    ReplyDelete