Thursday, February 13, 2014

So what is freedom of speech?

So what is really considered freedom of speech?? I sit to ponder on what it truly means to be free to voice whatever it is I feel entitled to. Are there limits? Can one truly be as free to express themselves without being ridiculed for it? Under our First Amendment we are protected to speak freely but it can only be covered up to a limit. I do believe there are many limits as to what we can say. I can't just up and say to my boss " well I don't feel like doing that, Maybe you can do it." WOW!! I guess if I were to say those words I might as well back up by stuff and stand in line at the nearest unemployment office. Whether your saying something people believe in or just something you believe in, there will always be someone that just doesn't get it and will ridicule you for it. It's apart of human life. I guess we should just go with the flow of things and just be silent?? Yeah that would never work for me. I have way to much to say, I don't understand how some just shove their hands in their mouths and remain silent. EXERCISE your rights!! Be you, be free, Speak up and let the world hear!

2 comments:

  1. I agree that we, the citizens of America should be able to speak our minds at any given time on any topic. The problem with this is like you said, we are restricted to what and how we say things. "Average" minds would say "who cares?" but "above average " minds would exercise their right to think and not be told what to think. Students go to college to expand their thinking yet they are told to not be so overbearing or critical with their thinking. We were all born with a brain so why not use it? The biggest mistake the college in Ohio made was thinking that no one would question their limitations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, your right! it is true that the "Average" mind would have the attitude or mind set of who cares.It is also true that college students are not only there to earn a degree, but as well there to open there minds and their thinking. To become more aware of what there is out there in life to come, to have a voice, and chose to use their rights as implemented in the first amendment. There are many who will be critical with their thinking and limit themselves due to fear of using their free expression.

      Delete